Re: [civilwarwest] book tv civil war weekend

  • Aurelie1999@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2002
      In a message dated 8/7/02 5:28:45 PM Central Daylight Time, CashG79@...
      writes:

      << Boy, I sure have a different take on Winik. He struck me as an
      opportunist looking to get in on the Civil War's popularity with a book that
      breaks no new ground, states the obvious, and overstates his case.

      I'm with you on this one Cash. I think Winik is a joke. He was really out
      of his league when paired with a Lincoln scholar on a History Channel talk
      segment last year. He made several ludicrous comments that were
      "respectfully" disagreed with very quickly and effectively. Winik talked in
      rah rah superlatives with little definition and minus any continuity from
      cause to result. IMHO he came off poorly prepared and wimpy. And my
      nightmare is I bought the book!!! Guppie me.

      Connie