Re: History of canned foods

  • WmHiram
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 5, 2002
      Thanks, Connie, it's been quite awhile since I looked in on that site!

      I recalled seeing a description of the home process for "putting up"
      meat in cans in one of my period books. It may have been Mrs.
      Beeton's. But my lack of organization has come back to bite me, and
      I still haven't found it!

      Billie

      --- In civilwarwest@y..., Aurelie1999@a... wrote:
      > If you are looking for excellent CW recipes here is a fantastic
      collection
      > with info from Civil War Interactive: <A
      > HREF="http://www.civilwarinteractive.com/cookbook.htm">Civil War
      Cookbook</A>