Re: Grant vs. Johnston?

  • hartshje
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "wh_keene" <wh_keene@y...> wrote:
      > I just don't know what my answer would be to this question.
      > But would love to hear the reasoning others have. Does anyone want
      > to say why they picked Grant?

      IMO, Grant would get there sooner, but because I would assume he'd
      use the same "hit 'em, make 'em bleed, hit 'em again" strategy.
      Johnston was so averse to fighting bloody battles that I believe he
      would have taken his army completely out of the theatre of operations
      after the second round. But that is just my opinion. Of course, if
      that had happened, Hood might have gotten the assignment that much
      sooner. Then what?

      Joe H.