Re: Sherman's Insubordination at Chattanooga

  • melchizedek22
    Message 1 of 267 , Aug 1, 2002
      I've been here more than a few months and have seen
      some pretty good members quit because they get tired of the nonstop bashing of some and the never ending cheerleading of Thomas,thats just what ruined the old Army of the Cumberland group,and the same thing is happening to this group,
      enough is enough,it gets old reading the same okd manur over ad ver.
      the Baron

    • Aurelie1999@aol.com
      Message 267 of 267 , Aug 8, 2002
        In a message dated 8/8/02 4:25:02 PM, josepharose@... writes:

        << Now, which of the two men, Wood or Grant, had been bending the truth
        (if not breaking it)? I think that the evidence heavily points to
        Grant. Because I think that he did so, I question his integrity,
        here and elsewhere. >>

        Mr. Rose,

        It appears to me that you cherry pick data to support your presumption that
        Grant was a worthless fool. Grant's contemporaries - even enemies - praised
        his integrity to the max. So how come that by standing in the dim hindsight
        of 150 years you are able to see what they did not see?

        Finally please explain why Thomas is incapable of standing on his own merit
        and can only be praised by faulting Grant?

        Connie Boone