Re: Grant's lies about Chattanooga

  • wh_keene
    Message 1 of 267 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "josepharose" <josepharose@y...> wrote:
      As
      > Grant was sending this force to the top, because he wasn't sure if
      it
      > was vacated, then he was wrong in stating that he expected it to be
      > empty.

      Grant stated an expectation. Expectation carries with it some
      uncertainty, thus there is nothing strange or wrong with sending
      someone to check in case the expectation was wrong. His expectation
      did prove to be correct.

      There is nothing wrong with Grant's statment. What is wrong is your
      remark.
    • Aurelie1999@aol.com
      Message 267 of 267 , Aug 8, 2002
        In a message dated 8/8/02 4:25:02 PM, josepharose@... writes:

        << Now, which of the two men, Wood or Grant, had been bending the truth
        (if not breaking it)? I think that the evidence heavily points to
        Grant. Because I think that he did so, I question his integrity,
        here and elsewhere. >>

        Mr. Rose,

        It appears to me that you cherry pick data to support your presumption that
        Grant was a worthless fool. Grant's contemporaries - even enemies - praised
        his integrity to the max. So how come that by standing in the dim hindsight
        of 150 years you are able to see what they did not see?

        Finally please explain why Thomas is incapable of standing on his own merit
        and can only be praised by faulting Grant?

        Connie Boone