Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Night Assaults

  • fishx111@cs.com
    Message 1 of 87 , Aug 1, 2002
      CARL:

      Yes they did use a whistle in WWI.Radios were not invented or practcal until
      the late 20s.One possible commo solution could be hand signals , but this
      would limit to line of sight.They did have land lines in WWI. The tank was
      the answer to auto weapon amd trench.I am surprised no one tried to use an
      armored wagon or an attemot at one for a charge in the ACW..Especially the
      North. After the horses get killed you advance from that point.Of course
      maybe a horse was more valuable than a man on the field of battle.I enjoyed
      Petes and your analysis.

      James
    • fishx111@cs.com