Re: Sherman's Insubordination at Chattanooga

  • wh_keene
    Message 1 of 267 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "josepharose" <josepharose@y...> wrote:
      > Of course, Cozzens makes mistakes. They are, in general, not major
      > and he doesn't tend to play favorites.

      Wow. I disagree with a great many things Joe says, but this has to
      be one of the biggest. Cozzens plays favorites in a huge way and I
      think some of his mistakes are major.
    • Aurelie1999@aol.com
      Message 267 of 267 , Aug 8, 2002
        In a message dated 8/8/02 4:25:02 PM, josepharose@... writes:

        << Now, which of the two men, Wood or Grant, had been bending the truth
        (if not breaking it)? I think that the evidence heavily points to
        Grant. Because I think that he did so, I question his integrity,
        here and elsewhere. >>

        Mr. Rose,

        It appears to me that you cherry pick data to support your presumption that
        Grant was a worthless fool. Grant's contemporaries - even enemies - praised
        his integrity to the max. So how come that by standing in the dim hindsight
        of 150 years you are able to see what they did not see?

        Finally please explain why Thomas is incapable of standing on his own merit
        and can only be praised by faulting Grant?

        Connie Boone