Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Neuralgia

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2002
      In a message dated 7/1/2002 6:12:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wmhiram@... writes:

      However, belladonna is still used today in the form of B&O
      (belladonna and opium) suppositories for stubborn cases of diarrhea.
      We haven't come that far after all.  :)

      Tinture of Belladona also was one of the common doses given back in the thirties to kids that wet the bed.  Damn ugly tasting green stuff  ugh.
      Now I just wonder how I remember that after over 65 years.

      Wayne
    • Aurelie1999@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1, 2002
        In a message dated 7/1/02 8:10:57 PM Central Daylight Time, FLYNSWEDE@...
        writes:

        << Damn ugly tasting green stuff ugh.
        Now I just wonder how I remember that after over 65 years.

        Because it was "ugh!"
      • fishx111@cs.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 1, 2002
          So is the final answer HERPES?
        • melchizedek22
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 1, 2002
            Every once in a while I get spazums in my stomach
            from my nerves,nothing takes it away but belladonna
            or if your system gets going to fast belladonna slows it down
            I got a bottle of it now use it once twice a year.
            I remember as a kid my Mom giving me the green liquid
            it did taste terrible but it worked The Baron

            -- In civilwarwest@y..., Aurelie1999@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 7/1/02 8:10:57 PM Central Daylight Time, FLYNSWEDE@A...
            > writes:
            >
            > << Damn ugly tasting green stuff ugh.
            > Now I just wonder how I remember that after over 65 years.
            > >>

            > Because it was "ugh!"
          • WmHiram
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 1, 2002
              Carl, thanks for the link. I glanced at it and it'll be worth
              reading at a time when I haven't expended all my brain power playing
              video games with the kids. :)

              Billie

            • hank9174
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 2, 2002
                Davis was blind in one eye, the right one IIRC. Was this a result to
                actual damage to the eye or to the nerve transmitting to the brain?

                I recall that he was frequently knocked out for days at a time from
                his neuralgia.

                HankC