Re: Ltr #35 Inter [???], by H. B. Talbert

  • Jack Hultquist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      Thank you Bob and Andy for the ideas of respiration and aspiration.  I looked at my scanned copies and it was neither.  My wildest best guess now is it is something like "His death was caused by inter  pirana and the wound received at Lone Jack.  The "int" is very clear the "er" is a little iffy and the "p" if not a "p" would have to be a "j", "y", "f", etc.  Unknowingly Harrison maybe made up a medical term (inter pirana).  Remember when he cut his hand he wrote home he had "ketched cold" in it.  I still do appreciate any ideas on what word or words inter..pira.... could be.