Re: Index for MOLLUS volumes

  • josepharose
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., thecoys@k... wrote:
      > Joseph,
      > Thank you. This is outstanding.
      >
      > Kevin S. Coy

      Kevin,

      Thank you for the compliment.

      If any civilwarwest members get their posts through e-mail and not
      through the website, my message might have been confusing. The
      Files section is accessed through the website, although I can e-mail
      the spreadsheet to those who may want the file.

      I just opened up the file and, at least on my PC, could select
      Data/Filter/Autofilter. This allowed me to go the
      rightmost "battles" column, choose one battle from the dropdown
      button, and see those articles with the name of the battle in the
      title of the article. Be warned that not all articles--even
      including some with the name of the battle in the title--will be
      listed.

      If I improve the spreadsheet in the future, I'll post it. One
      thought is to have a new column--or use "battles"--to contain the
      name of any general who is the subject of an article. The list of
      battles could, of course, be extended to other actions.

      I hope that this proves useful.

      Joseph