King of Texas

  • antoinette_brenion@eee.org
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2002
      Sunday, June 2nd @ 8pm(ET)
      TV-14-LV
      Turner Network Television (TNT) continues its rich tradition of presenting
      Original Western films as Emmy® -nominated actor Patrick Stewart stars in
      KING OF TEXAS, a dramatic Western twist on the great Shakespearean tragedy
      King Lear. KING OF TEXAS will premiere on TNT on Sunday, June 2, at 8 p.m.
      (ET/PT). KING OF TEXAS also stars Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden as Lear's
      oldest daughter, Susannah, Lauren Holly as Lear's middle daughter, Rebecca,
      and Julie Cox as Lear's loyal youngest daughter, Claudia.
    • wh_keene
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2002
        --- In civilwarwest@y..., "josepharose" <josepharose@y...> wrote:
        > Yes. If Sherman had moved more quickly and forcefully, and he
        didn't
        > stop too soon, he would have been solidly on Bragg's flanks. That
        > would have been a much more effective attack than going at the
        ridge
        > head-on as Thomas' soldiers did and could lead to the crushing of
        > Bragg's army.

        Oh, so its just a hypothesis that he had a potential opportunity to
        be in a better position that could lead to crushing Bragg's army in
        some subsequent attack. I don;t find it very convincing.

        --- In civilwarwest@y..., "dmercado" <dmercado@w...> wrote:
        > Will,
        > He may have meant that General Cleburne was not in position until
        > late on the 24th. He had to work all night to get his defense
        set.
        > If Sherman had hit Tunnel Hill as planned, Bragg was in trouble.

        Dave,
        Why would Bragg be in trouble? Even though Celburne was not yet in
        place at Tunnel Hill, Gist was in place just to the south, so Sherman
        did not have an open path, so I am just unclear on why BRagg would be
        in such trouble?