Re: Ltr #20 - & 21, 22, 23, 24

  • Jack Hultquist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      You may have missed the posting of Ltr #21, 22, 23, 24.  (Msg # 11497, 11498, 11499, 11500)  They are critical to the flow of the next few letters.  Especially read about the dividing up of the battery and the loaning out of money.

      Re: Ltr #20
      From Madelon H.
           "Another great letter, Jack. Thanks.
      It seems picky to point this out, but there were Union bushwhackers, too,
      esp. in the desperately ridden border states -- I am thinking particularly
      of the area I know best, western NC/East Tennessee. Bushwhacking, or
      marauding/preying whilst out of uniform, was an activity not limited to the
      Secesh."

      From Jack      Thanks.  That is not picky.
           Those are the type of comments I am looking for.  I will change my notes.  I am interested in constructive comments because I want accuracy.  The last couple of years I have been making a CD book with the scanned letters, envelopes, and photos and other information which does not work to post here.  I also want to get this information out where people can enjoy and utilize it.  For those that have asked about the book it will be at a price that is about as expensive as your next good meal at home.  Again my intent is not to make money but to make the information available.

      (Re: NC/East Tenn. --- I enjoyed the beautiful NC, TN, VA area a few years ago while doing 1798 - 1816 genealogical research in five counties.  I could make a accurate change to an Ashe Co. history book as to when W. Jefferson's favorite mountain got its name.)