Re: [civilwarwest] PICKETTS MILL DAN

  • Dan Cone
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      >My daughter lives in Chamblee/Tucker. Is this a State Park where you can
      >picnic and also of historical nature,such as Kings Mtn? How far would this
      >be from Chamblee?Take a lot of bug spray ?
      >
      >James

      Yes, Pickett's Mill is a state park. It's about 20-odd minutes from here to
      there, so I imagine you'd add another 20-30 odd minutes from Chamblee-Tucker
      to here, so about 40-50 minutes each way, I think? As to picnic tables, I
      haven't really looked for them, but I should imagine they do have some.

      I've been there about three or four times to hike (they have three trails of
      varying lengths, the longest is about 2 miles and covers the greatest part
      of the battleground), and EVERY TIME I've had an encounter with some species
      of particularly persistent flying pest; I'm not sure if it was a fly or a
      wasp. But I HAVE seen some large Japanese hornets flying around at various
      points, so yes, I would recommend the bug spray!

      Dan