Averasboro, NC, 16 March 1865

  • Bill Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2000
      Greetings!

      I am a board member of the Averasboro Battlefield Commission, Inc. Our
      organization is working to preserve portions of the Averasboro Battlefield,
      which is located in both Cumberland and Harnett counties in North Carolina.
      The engagement at Averasboro was one of two engagements where the combined
      forces of General Joseph E. Johnston attempted to stop the overland
      movement of Major General William T. Sherman's two Federal armies from
      Fayetteville, NC to Goldsboro, NC. Our organization has a new web site up
      and running, and members of the group are welcome to visit.

      <http://www.averasboro.com

      Enjoy!
      Bill

      "Mix 'em up. I'm tired of State's Rights"
      Major General George H. Thomas, USA
      William H. (Bill) Brown, C.A.
      Governors' Records Archivist
      North Carolina State Archives
      4614 Mail Service Center
      Raleigh, North Carolina 27601-4614
      919-733-3952 (T)
      919-733-1354 (F)
      wbrown@...
      "These opinions expressed in this communication may not
      reflect those of my agency"
    • Bill Brown