Re: [civilwarwest] hey

  • enjolras31@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2000
      It would have to be one VERY old Hessian to serve in both the Revolutionary
      War and Civil War. However, many Germans served in the US Army during the
      Civil War, many of them members of the XI Corps. To make this relevant to the
      west, remember that the XI Corps was sent west after Gettysburg, and became
      part of the XX Corps. On a personal note, I have an odd interest in Hessians,
      perhaps because my house is situated on an old Hessian campground during the
      Trenton Campaign. But I digress. In short, there were no ex-Hessians in the
      Civil War...perhaps( almost undoubtedly) there were descendants of the many
      ex-Hessians who settled in the US after the Rev War, and those descendants
      probably served in the Civil War.
      YOS,
      Nick Rosen
    • enjolras31@aol.com