RE: [civilwarwest] Re:UNSUBSCRIBE

  • Lieberum, Steve
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
      I agree, do not leave, get something started, like:

      During the battle of Chickamauga, as Longstreet's troops turned north to hit
      Snodgrass Hill. Colonel Wilder with his Lightning Brigade, thought of
      charging straight though Longstreet to get to Thomas. I believe that if he
      had ignore Dana, and did that, it would have been successful and changed the
      whole battle.

      Thoughts?

      Steve Lieberum

      > Not enough western theater for me. Sorry!

      So lets get a new thread started.

      Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/4/_/14182/_/962629267/
    • Lieberum, Steve

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
          I don't recall if the battle was essentially decided at that point or
          not. Weren't a large no. of Federal troops routed by that point? Of
          course, Wilder's brigade had repeaters, and so could deliver a lot of
          firepower. If I recall correctly, Longstreet heard Wilder's brigade at
          one point and feared that a new corps (division?) had arrived for the
          Federals. Here's my own what if: at Franklin, would the outcome have
          been any different if Opdycke's brigade had not been in position to
          repulse the Confederates that broke through at the Carter house?
          Andy

          "Lieberum, Steve" wrote:

          > I agree, do not leave, get something started, like:
          >
          > During the battle of Chickamauga, as Longstreet's troops turned north to hit
          > Snodgrass Hill. Colonel Wilder with his Lightning Brigade, thought of
          > charging straight though Longstreet to get to Thomas. I believe that if he
          > had ignore Dana, and did that, it would have been successful and changed the
          > whole battle.
          >
          > Thoughts?
          >
          > Steve Lieberum

        • D. Andrew Burden, Ph.D.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000

            "Lieberum, Steve" wrote:

            > I agree, do not leave, get something started, like:
            >
            > During the battle of Chickamauga, as Longstreet's troops turned north to hit
            > Snodgrass Hill. Colonel Wilder with his Lightning Brigade, thought of
            > charging straight though Longstreet to get to Thomas. I believe that if he
            > had ignore Dana, and did that, it would have been successful and changed the
            > whole battle.
            >
            > Thoughts?
            >
            > Steve Lieberum

          • carpmaster
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
                cob2mo wrote:

                > Not enough western theater for me. Sorry!

                So lets get a new thread started.
              • cob2mo
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2000
                  Sorry folks, anything east of the Mississippi is Eastern Theater to me> Must
                  bow out. Please don't think I am upset with any of you, as I am not. I know
                  a good deal of you from the chat room and will "see" you there.
                  Regards
                  CoB