[civilwarwest] New Member

  • dmercado@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 14 8:51 PM
      Hello to Shotgun and the group. I am glad to see there is a discussion
      group on the Western Theatre as it has been so overlooked. I am from
      Orange County, California and have been a student of the Civil War for
      many years. My special interest is in the Army of the Cumberland and
      especially its leader General George H. Thomas.

      The only western battlefield I have had a chance to visit is Vicksburg
      where I got to stand on the bluffs above the river and see why it was
      such a strategic point. I hope to visit the Thomas battlefields soon
      starting with Chickamauga.
      Best regards, Dave Mercado
    • Hattie
      Message 62 of 62 , Apr 21, 2010
        --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "HUGH MARTYR" <hughmartyr@...>
        wrote:

        > If you care to e-mail me I have an extensive Civil War book collection
        and I am sure that we could come to an arrangement as I live in
        Worcester.
        > Hugh
        > hughmartyr@...

        HUGH,

        Thanks so much for reply this site seems to be rather hard to
        understand but I'll figure it out.

        God Bless

        Gary and Hattie