Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Civil War news: Library to break ground as site battle...

  • FLYNSWEDE@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 4:31 PM
      Hello wacogaurds64@...,

      In reference to your comment:

      Is it ever too late?  Would it not be good to make
      è one more point?  I'm playing devil's advocate here, but
      è those board members still need to see what they are
      è buliding on.  AMERICANS DIED THERE!  What greater
      è cause do we need to preserve land?!  Come one!!!
      Kristin

      Kristin,
      No one is as pro-preservation of historical sites than I.  However with this library board,  whom I believe are nothing more than a bunch if idiotic imbeciles when they cannot keep an open mind, any efforts whatsoever would be futile.  Even though they have received letters from all over the world including from many well known authors and historians, they have tunnel vision.  Even though there has been extensive discussions between the two forces, they still refuse to listen to reason.   Now is the time to rent highway billboards and encourage tourists not to stop there as a result of their choice to desecrate that portion of the battlefield.

      Wayne
    • Kristin Scherrer
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 5:57 PM

        Well, it's a library.  Seems they are not visited enough as it is to begin with.  I don't think putting it on a battlefield would bring more people to it.  The present library where it is seems to be fine.  But I agree with what you called them.  It's just a very sad thing and everyone reeps what they sew, so we have to trust that; just sad the land could not be saved in honor of the men that fought and died on that property.

        Kristin

          FLYNSWEDE@... wrote:

[...]

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • lilsteve68@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 8:00 PM
          In a message dated 5/2/02 4:45:40 PM Central Daylight Time, wacogaurds64@... writes:

          I'm playing devil's advocate here, but those board members still need to see what they are buliding on.  AMERICANS DIED THERE!  What greater cause do we need to preserve land?!  Come one!!! Kristin

          I say we build a circle  k or 7 eleven where the  world trafe center towers were  see if people get really angry over that ..

          but somthing thing that Irks me  is why the "Civil War Preservation Trust "  did do somthing  or offe to help pay for  the cost  of making new plans and helping to move the  the library to a new site..

          Steven