Civil War News: Library Board Rejects Relocation 19-2

  • lilsteve68@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Details coming As soon as I can get them..             Steven

      And For those that leave in middle Tn were all those terrible Storms raged through out the night..  To me it was  the Anger of  those brave and gallant Men and Boys who walked this earth 138 years ago be it in  the Blue or Gray  and  gave  their life's blood  for what they belived in  only to be  forgotten about  by  a majority vote "19 - 2" out of a 24 member board.

      That could have help  keep their memory alive for the future generations  to learn from,   but instead choose to turn their backs on  those that made Franklin and America  what it is Today..

      Sincerely -  Steven N. Cone
      A Very Proud Desendant of Private Daniel M. Craft
      Company G   22nd Alabama Infantry
      Who fought and survived The Battle of Franklin
      November  30, 1864

    • basecat1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2002
        In a message dated 5/1/2002 3:24:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lilsteve68@... writes:

        That could have help  keep their memory alive for the future generations  to learn from,   but instead choose to turn their backs on  those that made Franklin and America  what it is Today..

        Steve,

        Having been to Franklin, and attitude I saw there when I was there, this vote does not surprise me...:(

        Regards from the Garden State,

        Basecat
      • Kristin Scherrer
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2002

          The lives of around 2500 incredibly BRAVE AMERICANS is now lost and incredible greed is the blame.  Somewhat ironic that Confederate Memorial Day was Saturday.  Looks like some couldn't learn from past mistakes once.  Let us never forget what happened there.  The board will one day get what they deserve.  But it is still or job to keep the history alive!!!!!!

          Kristin

            Lilsteve68@... wrote:

          Details coming As soon as I can get them..             Steven

          And For those that leave in middle Tn were all those terrible Storms raged through out the night..  To me it was  the Anger of  those brave and gallant Men and Boys who walked this earth 138 years ago be it in  the Blue or Gray  and  gave  their life's blood  for what they belived in  only to be  forgotten about  by  a majority vote "19 - 2" out of a 24 member board.

          That could have help  keep their memory alive for the future generations  to learn from,   but instead choose to turn their backs on  those that made Franklin and America  what it is Today..

          Sincerely -  Steven N. Cone
          A Very Proud Desendant of Private Daniel M. Craft
          Company G   22nd Alabama Infantry
          Who fought and survived The Battle of Franklin
          November  30, 1864

          Do You Yahoo!?

        • Kristin Scherrer