[civilwarwest] Re: Col Breckinridge's account of Snake CreekGap/Resaca

  • David Woodbury
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 3:55 PM
      At 8:54 PM +0000 4/2/02, wh_keene wrote:
      >--Like Breckinridge, he claims that on the 8th information was
      >received as to McPherson's location.

      I will have to have a look at these Century articles before
      responding. In Johnston's memoirs, he speaks of receiving a report
      from Cantey on the evening of the 9th, informing him that Cantey had
      been fighting McPherson till dark. If he expected this might happen,
      one would expect him to dispatch three divisions of infantry to the
      crisis point before rather than after the fact.

      David