Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Digest Number 754

  • Robert(Bob) Taubman
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 12:59 PM
      Thank you for your comments. I was wondering because the book seems to get good
      reviews concerning the campaign generally (no pun intended). I wasn't much of a
      Sherman fan myself but I've been trying to read more about him to perhaps soften
      my opinion. I did enjoy Sherman, Fighting Prophet by Lloyd Lewis but then there
      would be those who found him to be too much of a Sherman fan. My next
      challenge will be to try and be objective reading Perryville by Noe who is
      critical of Thomas. Shame, shame, shame!! ;-)

      Bob Taubman

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2 11:11 AM
        Bob ,Maybe you should read Dr John Marzelek's book
        he's somewhere between Lewis and Albert The Baron

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2 12:10 PM
          That one's on the shelf in front of me along with Fellman's, Citizen Sherman. I
          will get to it though.

          Thank you for the suggestion.

          Bob
          | Bob ,Maybe you should read Dr John Marzelek's book
          | he's somewhere between Lewis and Albert The Baron
          |

          | - In civilwarwest@y..., "Robert\(Bob\) Taubman" <rtaubman@r...> wrote:
          | > Thank you for your comments. I was wondering because the book seems to get
          good
          | > reviews concerning the campaign generally (no pun intended). I wasn't much
          of a
          | > Sherman fan myself but I've been trying to read more about him to perhaps
          soften
          | > my opinion. I did enjoy Sherman, Fighting Prophet by Lloyd Lewis but then
          there
          | > would be those who found him to be too much of a Sherman fan. My next
          | > challenge will be to try and be objective reading Perryville by Noe who is
          | > critical of Thomas. Shame, shame, shame!! ;-)
          | >
          | > Bob Taubman

          | > |
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |

          | > | > |
          | > | > |

          Just
          | > how
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |
          | > | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          | > |
          | > |

        • melchizedek22
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2 12:51 PM
            I belong to Cump&Co,a Sherman Newsletter group
            they hate Citizen Sherman more than any other book
            I like some of it,but it is full of wild assumptions
            especially about his marriage to Ellen Ewing Sherman