      From: hank9174 [mailto:clarkc@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 10:48 AM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Chattanooga

      'Six Armies' offers a concise, well-written explanation of the entire
      campaign from Murfreesboro through Tullahoma to Chickamauga back to
      Chattanooga and then to Knoxville.

      It has good battle detail, explanation of personalties (and
      conflicts).

      Woodworth calls Polk and Longstreet to task for their insubordination.
      He also gives Bragg credit for good strategic thinking rather than
      merely blaming his *personality* for the AoT command failures.

      My major complaint is that he makes do with only half-a-dozen maps or
      so!

      HankC
    • Show all 59 messages in this topic