9606Re: Chattanooga

  • hank9174
    Feb 1, 2002
      'Six Armies' offers a concise, well-written explanation of the entire
      campaign from Murfreesboro through Tullahoma to Chickamauga back to
      Chattanooga and then to Knoxville.

      It has good battle detail, explanation of personalties (and
      conflicts).

      Woodworth calls Polk and Longstreet to task for their insubordination.
      He also gives Bragg credit for good strategic thinking rather than
      merely blaming his *personality* for the AoT command failures.

      My major complaint is that he makes do with only half-a-dozen maps or
      so!

      HankC

      --- In civilwarwest@y..., "josepharose" <josepharose@y...> wrote:
      > I should have noted that Cozzens has some of the best maps found in
      > Civil War book. They immensely help the reader to visualize the
      > movements of the various units.
      >
      > Joseph
    • Show all 59 messages in this topic