      From: "buckshot_21102" <rchurch@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 5:19 PM
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Stand Watie

      > Let me first take the opportunity to wish all of the members a Happy
      > and Healthy New Year..... and to express my appreciation to those who
      > who so freely give of their time and knowledge to this group.  I'd
      > like to hope I've been able to retain just a little what has gone
      > over these lines over the last year.
      >
      > My
      question has to do with Brig. Gen. Stand Watie. Gen. Watie was the
      > last
      Confederate General to surrender (June 23, '65) almost a month
      > and a
      half after what is acknowledged as the last battle of the war
      > (Palmetto
      Ranche, Tx. on May 13, 1865).  I'm curious as to where Gen.
      > Watie
      was at the time of his surrender and to whom did he surrender.

      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks and best
      regards

      > Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!