9231Stand Watie

  • buckshot_21102
    Jan 1, 2002
      Let me first take the opportunity to wish all of the members a Happy
      and Healthy New Year..... and to express my appreciation to those who
      who so freely give of their time and knowledge to this group. I'd
      like to hope I've been able to retain just a little what has gone
      over these lines over the last year.

      My question has to do with Brig. Gen. Stand Watie. Gen. Watie was the
      last Confederate General to surrender (June 23, '65) almost a month
      and a half after what is acknowledged as the last battle of the war
      (Palmetto Ranche, Tx. on May 13, 1865). I'm curious as to where Gen.
      Watie was at the time of his surrender and to whom did he surrender.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks and best regards
      Ron Church
      Manchester Md.