8853Re: SV: [civilwarwest] John Bell Hood and you thought Bragg was bad.

  • Kristin Scherrer
    Dec 1, 2001

      Lee,

       I have somewhat of a bias towards the Texans:) as I'm sure you know,  so if I may, I would like to share one of my favorite quotes:  "Forward men, forward.  Never let it be said that Texan's lag in the fight!"

      Kristin

        LWhite64@... wrote:

      Actually Hood was a Liet in the 2nd US Cav in Texas prior to the war, so when the war broke out he was stationed there.  Also, with the Franklin quotes, "Well if we are to die, let us die like men"  Cleburne to Brig. Gen. Daniel Govan, Nov 30, 1864

      Lee

      Do You Yahoo!?