8504Re: Hunley / Charleston Area

  • hartshje@aol.com
    Oct 31, 2001
      Hello Everyone,

      Just returned from vacation to N.C., S.C., Fla & Georgia. I was SO
      looking forward to seeing the Hunley. But alas, tours are now being
      limited to weekends, and I was in Charleston on a Tues & Wed.

      However, I did get to take in Forts Sumter, Moultrie, Johnson,
      and "The Battery". Patriots Point was great also (WWII ships
      including a submarine and the Yorktown, which was awesome.

      Well, it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. The thread
      on Halleck looks very interesting.

      Best to all,
      Joe H.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic