8176Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Reviews Have to be "Critically" Negative?

  • Jfepperson@aol.com
    Oct 2, 2001
      In a message dated 10/2/2001 4:05:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      FLYNSWEDE@... writes:

      > This forum was to discuss actions and individuals that fought in the
      Western
      > Theater (and perhaps the Trans-Missip included) not book reviews, book
      > criticisms even though the books may pertain to individuals or battles
      > within
      > these theaters. For those that do persist on having book reviews or
      > criticisms of an author, may I suggest that you open up a discussion room
      > specifically for that purpose, rather than using this forum.

      While I sympathize with the frustration over certain squabbles, I have
      to disagree in a major way with the assertions quoted above. If
      discussions of books which deal with the western theatre of the Civil
      War are deemed off-topic, then our ability to discuss scholarship is
      severely (perhaps fatally) limited.

      JFE

      James F. Epperson
      http://members.aol.com/jfepperson/causes.html