8163Re: [civilwarwest] Professors

    Oct 2, 2001
      In a message dated 10/2/01 2:29:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      josepharose@... writes:

      << Dr. Simpson:

      You accuse me of "trashing" Professor Waugh. That is a gross
      mischaracterization; I did nothing of the sort. I wrote: "Professor
      Waugh also wrote a remarkably similar review of "Grant," by Jean
      Edward Smith. In the two reviews, there is little or no criticism of
      the authors' work and hardly any more of Grant as either a general or

      As soon as I learned you had a doctorate, I dropped my use of Mr.
      when referring to you. Is there any reason we should not extend to
      Dr. David Long the same courtesy?

      Joseph Rose
      Mr Rose,
      It would be greatly appreciated if you would confine your continued arguments
      with Dr. Simpson via personal email. I personally do not think that this
      forum is the place for such discussions, and I am quite sure that the
      majority of the members of this forum would concur with this request.

      Wayne C. Bengston
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic