8151Re: Review of "Triumph Over Adversity"

  • brooksdsimpson@yahoo.com
    Oct 1, 2001
      --- In civilwarwest@y..., josepharose@y... wrote:
      > --- In civilwarwest@y..., brooksdsimpson@y... wrote:
      > >
      > > Mr. Long's character or bias need not be a topic of conversation
      > here (especially as he is not present to defend himself)....
      >
      > It appears that Dr. David E. Long is a history professor and has a
      > doctorate. As he is not present and if his character or bias need
      > *not* be topics, I see no reason to accuse him of "purposeful
      > misrepresentation" or question his status as a gentleman.

      Mr. Rose first raised the issue of motivation and bias, if readers
      will recall his initial post.

      Mr. Rose has also remained silent on Mr. Long's misrepresentation of
      what I had to say about Cold Harbor.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic