7229RE: [civilwarwest] Re: help for Rosecrans from other departments

  • Bob Huddleston
    Aug 4, 2001
      Well, there's Robert E. Lee, who was always volunteering to not only
      send troops, but even send himself out west......

      Take care,

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      303.451.6276 Adco@...

      --- In civilwarwest@y..., josepharose@y... wrote:
      > I was just asking whether, with Grant's large force, Rosecrans
      > have been helped by pinning down Johnston's force or through
      > offering of his excess troops.

      Although I've already address the supposed "excess troops" issue
      elsewhere, I'd like to ask Mr. Rose to offer three examples where
      Civil War generals offered to send their forces elsewhere for someone
      else to command (as opposed to being ordered to do so).

      After all, if his request is so reasonable, we should be able to cite
      other examples quite readily.
    • Show all 85 messages in this topic