47282Re: [civilwarwest] Civil War Ancestors

  • Tom Gilbert
    Mar 10, 2013
      Charles, you probably have the same regimental history as I do (The Gallant Seventy-Eighth by Ron Gancas), but just in case I looked at the roster withion .. lots of guys with the "Mc" suffix, but no McComas .. I imagine their were lots of men that for whatever reason were not included on the roster (I also looked for possible misspellings, but no luck).. record keeping was likely less accurate then too .. you have some good sources there .. best wishes with your continued research . tom g

      From: Charles R. <na_jeb@...>
      To: "civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com" <civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Civil War Ancestors

      My great-grandfather, Martin L. McComas was also in the 78th PA. Infantry- Co. "D" as a private & a corporal,
      but doesn't show up in the regimental history & rosters therein!
      He later joined a 100 days regiment- the 194th PA. Infantry, Co. "E."
      Most of these facts came from great-grandma's pension applications, & Civil War Soldiers & Sailors Database.
      If anyone could point me in a better direction, I'd be most appreciative!

      Charles