47173Re: [civilwarwest] KY, TN, GA Road Trip

  • Tim Garton
    May 18, 2012
      There are lots of sites to visit in Missouri as well, Wilson's Creek, Carthage, Lexington, Lone Jack, Springfield, plus Arkansas, Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove

      Tim Garton
      Metal Detector Sales of Southwest MO
      2958 B E Division St
      Springfield, Mo 65803

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 18, 2012, at 6:25 AM, "TnT Cole" <tntmarie@...> wrote:

      Hi, There!

      Saw Sam's post re: Bardstown Museum. My family and I are also traveling to Bardstown over the summer; my direct ancestor and 2 brothers from Bardstown served the Union, 2 of them the 27th KY Infantry.

      Any suggestions re: battlefields, other historical sites, shops selling Civil War relics, or pointers re: metal detecting (realize permission needed and only on private property) for my kids, would be greatly appreciated. LOVE to find anything associated with 27th KY. Here are our planned stops, following the travels and battles of the 27th:

      Bardstown to visit Civil War museum and locate property belonging to ancestors, Cedar Creek area.
      Perryville Battlefield.
      Mammoth Caves.
      Possibly Hodgenville, birthplace of Lincoln.
      Nashville and Murfreesboro.
      May eliminate our trip to Shiloh/Savannah, TN, and Corinth, MS, because it's so far west (any thoughts?)
      Possibly Knoxville, instead.
      Possible stop in Chattanooga (27th saw no action here)
      Atlanta area: Dallas, Kennesaw Mtn, Lost Mtn, Kolb's Farm, research Siege of Atlanta.

      Best Regards,

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic