47170Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Bardstown Museum

  • Sweetsstar@aol.com
    May 17, 2012
      Part of the battle of Richmond goes right though the the cemetery.  You can see the bullet marks on some of the older monuments.
      Perryville is great .  Have a great time.
      Susan

      In a message dated 5/17/2012 9:20:15 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, sammylf@... writes:

      Thanks. I was planning on Perryville, although my ggf's regiment missed most of the first day as they were guarding a train at Springfield when the battle started. I'll try to check out Richmond, too.

      sf

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, Sweetsstar@... wrote:

      > Went there with a group a few years ago. I skipped the museum and went to
      > Richmond battlefield instead. Those that went to the museum said it was
      > good. I was sorry I missed it . If you are in that area don't miss
      > Richmond Battlefield as well as Perryville battlefield.
      > Susan
      >
      > In a message dated 5/17/2012 9:13:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > sammylf@... writes:
      >

      > I'm planning a trip to Bardstown, KY next month and noticed they are very
      > proud of their museum of the Civil War in the West.
      > Have any of you been there or know anything about it?
      >
      > Sam Foster
      > 17thky,blogspot.com

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic