      From: chris bryant <paladinsf@...>
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, January 31, 2011 3:40:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Conference Regarding German Americans in the Civil War

      Thanks for the effort,Joe;I've tried before to find out more about him but without any luck.I'm not able to travel but wish I could go and I've become aware of some of your writing recently.Hope to hear more about Germans in the war.Do you have any numbers available as to highest percentages of Germans in different armies, corps, and divisions?

      I've long thought that I look a little like Franz Sigel :-)
                                       Chris

      From: Joseph R R <sixthky@...>
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 6:05 AM

      The Max Kade Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is sponsoring a conference focusing on "German and German-American Dimensions of the Civil War" on March 3-5, 2011, at the University of Wisconsin Memorial Union. Both American and European scholars will be making presentations. The program can be viewed at http://82ndillinoisinfantry.yolasite.com/

      Joe Reinhart

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic