46872Re: [civilwarwest] Fall Back or Retreat

  • Bob Huddleston
    Dec 20, 2010
      I think both are equally applicable!

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO 80234-3612
      Huddleston.r@...

      “There must be more historians of the Civil War than there were generals fighting it, and, of the two groups, the historians are the more belligerent.” David Donald, “Refighting the Civil War,” Lincoln Reconsidered (New York, 1956), 82.

      On 12/20/2010 3:29 PM, Patricia Swan wrote:

      > Certainly there were differences between General Grant's situation below
      > Oxford and General Thomas' situation at Mill Springs. However, my
      > question was about a comparison but which of the two terms under
      > discussion would be more apt in describing Grant's situation. I haven't
      > seen an answer as yet!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic