      From: robertclifton1966 <robertclifton1966@...>
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, Mar 18, 2010 8:34 am
      Subject: [civilwarwest] FYI MANSFIELD,La

      I'm from Texas but had an Ancestor KIA during this battle.From the Texas in the civil war site:

      The Louisiana Division, Sons of Confederate Veterans has petitioned our state to allow us to erect a monument honoring the Sons of Louisiana that fought at Mansfield on April 8th, 1864. We are proud to announce we have been granted permission and this fine monument will be dedicated at the Mansfield Battle Park on April 10th ,2010 at 5PM, immediately following the reenactment at Pleasant Hill. We have invited several local and state politicians. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Gary Joiner, president of the Friends of the Mansfield Battlefield.
      All SCV, UDC, OCR, and reenactors are urged to attend this once in a lifetime event.

      For more info, contact me at rebelyell1861@ comcast.net

      David Hill
      2nd Lt Commander
      Louisiana Division