46202Re: sherman's better opponent / Bragg

  • Carl Williams
    Apr 2, 2009
      but Bragg and ol' Cump never tangled, did they?

      Hank, you probably know I am no fan of Braxton Bragg. Actually, I'd say the AoT never healed from the wounds he inflicted. As far as inflicting wounds on the Yankees, I dunno, he showed initiative sometimes but usually not good results.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "hank9174" <clarkc@...> wrote:

      > > As we are restricted to Hood or Johnston ...
      > >

      > The general that did the most for the CS cause in the west was Braxton Bragg. He fought Yankees well and his own chain of commmand poorly...
      >

      > HankC

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic