      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: Steamboats at Shiloh
      From: "David Wall" <wah_mei_1388@...>
      Date: Sun, March 15, 2009 8:16 pm
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com

      Concerning steamboats at Shiloh, my grandfather and his artillery battery, arrived at Savannah on one and then traveled to "an obscure point known as Pittsburg Landing" on another. He did not leave a record of which steamboats they were.
      There is a record of which ones moved him around on the Mississippi River on the way from Memphis to Vicksburg. The Forsyth, the Iatan, the Platte Valley, and the Universe. Of course he had to walk through the mud from Milliken's Bend almost to Bruinsburg.

      David

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic