      From: Patricia Swan <pbswan@...>
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Strange letter
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 2:20 PM

      Benton Barracks was named for Senator Benton. Certainly some of those
      paroled at Holly Springs on Dec. 20th 1862 were held at Benton. Letters
      were written by them from those barracks. However, it is possible that
      not all were held in one location. Thus, Jefferson barracks (about
      which I know little to nothing) may have been a holding place as well.

      keeno2@... wrote:

      > I've not heard of the Benton Barracks. If there was a facility there,
      > it's not that far from Jefferson Barracks. For the sake of accuracy,
      > I'll accept Benton Barracks in that it adds to the explanation of why
      > Strange was sent to St. Louis. (On thinking that over, I was thinking
      > of Fenton. Whatever. It still makes sense.)
      >
      > Ken

      > *One site has it all.* Your email accounts, your social networks, and
      > the things you love. *Try the new AOL.com
      > <http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100000075x121296 2939x1200825291/ aol?redir= http://www. aol.com/? optin=new- dp%26icid= aolcom40vanity% 26ncid=emlcntaol com00000001>
      > today!*

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic