45658Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Was Logan dissed for higher command?

  • SDE80@aol.com
    Jul 11, 2008
      In a message dated 7/11/2008 4:19:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cvail19@... writes:
      Well everyone knows Hooker and Howard never saw eye to eye with each other. I think you can blame Chancelorsville on that one lols.

      And I agree I think if Logan might have been give command of AOT, Hooker would have stayed in the war.

      Hooker got mad because Howard, a regular officer like him, was placed in command of the AotT, yet  he'd been OK with a non-professional volunteer being placed in command in his place?    I doubt it.   Probably would have made him much more upset.    Bottom line is that he was the senior of Sherman's corps commanders and had commanded an army once before.   Logan would have made him just as mad, if not madder.

      Sam Elliott