45655Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Was Logan dissed for higher command?

  • keeno2@aol.com
    Jul 10, 2008
      In a message dated 7/10/2008 6:36:20 P.M. Central Daylight Time, jvt1976@... writes:
      I love Sherman but its seems to me this was West Point snobbery.
      Possibly. But Sherman did agonize over the choice. It must have been tough. Sherman liked and trusted Logan. He also had an innate preference for someone who would be there and follow orders. We can whip this puppy, but it will end up in the same place: Sherman picks Howard. And he apologizes to Logan by having him lead the AotT during the Grand Review. It would have been a difficult decision and I can't toss it off as West Point snobbery.