      From: Chadd Vail <cvail19@...>
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:11:38 PM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Was Logan dissed for higher command?

      I don't think Logal was dissed or anything. I think it was a matter of who was more experienced and qualified to lead armies. And of course the political arena. Wasn't Logan running for something political around the time of the Savannah campaign? Could that have been a reason why Sherman didn't give Logan command of the AOT.

      Chadd M. Vail