      Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:27 PM
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Vicksburg, Grant and trapped and shelled Civilians

      Which brings up a question: did Sherman leave a garrison at Atlanta? If so were they ordered to keep civilians out? I guess that was two questions.

      To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com
      From: keeno2@...
      Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:37:25 -0500

      In a message dated 2/9/2008 11:07:07 A.M. Central Standard Time, carlw4514@yahoo. com writes:
      Is "forced relocation" accurate? Presumably these citizens didnt just watch from the sidelines and then just march back in?

      Someone said "eviction." I thought that was accurate. Apparently, when Sherman left, Atlantans did go back.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.