      Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 9:30 PM
      Subject: RE: [civilwarwest] Re: Stealing the General

      Let me make a political comment here.

      The great need today is for land preservation, not a medal of honor for someone who died over a century ago. Yes, Shadrach deserved one, but he didn't get it.

      Instead of spending the government's time and money (which money is, after all, MY money and YOUR money) if would be better to spend the energy preserving more of the terrain as a real monument to the men of the Andrews Raid.

      Now I will get off my soapbox.

      Take care,

      Bob

      Judy and Bob Huddleston
      10643 Sperry Street
      Northglenn, CO  80234-3612
      303.451.6376  Huddleston.r@ comcast.net

      "The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane."
      ---Mark Twain, 1907