44379Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Stealing the General

  • ecm777@aol.com
    Sep 1, 2007
      Russell,

      Congratulations on the film rights option.  It would make a great movie.

      I was given your book for my birthday and have just recently finished reading it. I loved it!  It was easy to read and yet full of detail.  You have a wonderful ability of making characters come to life.

      My twelve year old grandson became interested and since we live in the Chattanooga area, I was able to take him to the location we read about in your book.  We found the location of the jail where the Raider's were held and the place where the trial took place. We even went out to the National Cemetery and matched the tombstones with the Raiders's pictures you had in your book. He was especially thrilled when we were able to walk through the tunnel and later visit the marker where the General was abandoned. I can't wait until we can take him to Kennesaw and let him see the General in person.

      Thanks for a great book and for peaking my grandson's interest in the civil war.

      Colleen aka CWgal
      Chickamauga & Chattanooga