      Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 8:41 PM
      Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Champion Hill;

      I am not sure what you mean by Cohesion on the east side of the river.
      Grant's army certainly acted in concert, except for McClernand at Champion
      Hill. But even he did O.K.

      Now by east side of the river, you mean the entire area from the Mississippi
      to the East Coast, I just don't know enough to comment.

      But Grant's movement down the Louisiana border to Bruinsberg to Jackson to
      Vicksburg was like a "Ballet for Three Division's". Wow, I've got to use
      that phrase again!

      Same goes for Sherman on his way from Chattanoga to Atlanta. Except he
      conducted a "Ballet for Three Army's". Grant and Sherman actually
      co-ordinated their activities so that the Confederates could not transfer
      troops from one theater to the other.

      edkiniry, who took part in those ballets. No...he did not wear tights. He
      shod horses and shot
      cannons.

      >From: keeno2@...
      >To: civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com
      >Subject: Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Champion Hill;
      >Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:34:02 EDT
      >
      >Nothing particularly unusual about the lack of cohesion Trans-Mississippi.
      >It was barely evident on the east side of the river. In both armies.
      >
      >ole
      >

      >*********** ********* ********* ********* Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL
      >at
      >http://discover. aol.com/memed/ aolcom30tour