43942Re: [civilwarwest] Re: Famed Brigades

  • Sweetsstar@aol.com
    Jul 11, 2007
      In a message dated 7/11/2007 9:42:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Tunnelhill@... writes:
      You mention the attack on Tunnel Hill, but don't say which Tunnel Hill.  If I understand your post, you are speaking of Tunnel Hill, Tenn., but there were six battles at Tunnel Hill, Georgia, which is not far away.
          I am a little partial to Tunnel Hill, Georgia as I am one of the founders of the Tunnel Hill Historical Foundation where we have saved and preserved the old railroad tunnel, built a new heritage center and museum, are currently developing an 80 acre battlefield park which includes the Clisbe Austin House, aka Meadowlawn, which was Gen. Hood's hospital immediately after Chickamauga and Gen. Sherman's HQ as he launched what would later be known as his Atlanta Campaign, and have just acquired the original 1848 railroad Depot, one of Jefferson Davis' stops on his way to take office as President of the Confederacy.
      Steve Hall - Commander
      Lt. Col. William Luffman Camp #938
      Sons of Confederate Veterans
      Chatsworth, Georgia