      From: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com [mailto:civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James W. Durney
      Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 7:00 PM
      To: civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [civilwarwest] Re: HPS Campaign Chickamauga

      --- In civilwarwest@ yahoogroups. com, "Tom Mix" <tmix@...> wrote:

      > James which game is this? I have never bought a PC game having
      always played
      > table top games. What are some good ones that a person can begin
      with and
      > will hold a person's interest and be good solo?

      Tom,

      I go back to the 1st edition of AH's Gettysburg in the 50s as a
      wargammer. Family, work, space and a number of other things always
      seemed to get in the war but I still bought games. The PC solves the
      problems of space and player.

      If you ever saw SPI's TSS series on Civil War battles the HPS series
      is based on this. They are all called Campaign something and work on
      a historical and what-if series of stand alone games and one or more
      campaigns. The AI is not to good and the larger the battle the worse
      it is. For that reason, I like Ozark which is MO in 1861 & 1862.
      Chickamauga has a series of AI games and the few turns I played look
      to be a big improvement of the standard AI.

      If you go on Amazon.com, they have most of the games and you can see
      reviews on each of them. Amazon has them for much less than buying
      them through HPS.

      James

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic