43596Re: Gunshots they claim killed Bill Anderson.

  • Carl Williams
    May 9, 2007
      I was making some effort not to make any criticism 'not personal' and
      apologize if it came off that way. But if I were you, I would get
      ready for slings and arrows... chinks in your armor, well, they might
      as well point be pointed out. That doesnt mean you can't be right.

      --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Longley" <jay_longley@...>
      wrote:

      > I did post the facts on Wikipedia about the gunshot theories, with
      > all of my sources, and also corrected some blatant errors in other
      > parts of the article like where the previous "editor" had incorrectly
      > stated that Bloody Bill Anderson married Bush Smith in 1862. Anyone
      > who knows anything about Bill Anderson knows he married Bush Smith
      > during the winter of 1863/1864 although there is a little dispute
      > about the exact day of the marriage. If the "police at Wikipedia",
      > as you laughably refer to them, are concerned with any part of my
      > message then they can easily remove it or edit out the portions which
      > are mostly direct quotes attributed to the specific authors. Since
      > I don't know if the staff was directing their criticism of my
      > information or previous ones who recently filled the page with
      > inaccuracies, I am not "concerned" in the least.
      > By "we", I am referring to the other 75 or so people who are
      > participating in our investigation as well as to the family members
      > of Colonel William C. Anderson. Despite how you and our other
      > critics want to portray our investigation, it is not a "one-man
      > crusade" but rather a concerted effort to learn and share the truth
      > about Bloody Bill Anderson.
      > Thank you for your "concern".
      > ~Jay~
      >

      > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Carl Williams" <carlw4514@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Jay, I note you say "we" quite a bit, and indeed, at least some of
      > > what has been stated here is echoed at Wikipedia [no doubt
      > Huddleston
      > > noticed this]. There is a scolding banner at Wikipedia that heads
      > the
      > > section "Anderson's death" which seems to be suggesting some writers
      > > dial up the quality of the submissions. The words "Please improve
      > it"
      > > in that banner would have me concerned if I was involved.
      > >
      > > The words "One of the most disturbing aspects about the way the
      > Bloody
      > > Bill Anderson story has been presented" definitely sound a bit
      > > familiar. I suspect, for instance, the ombudsmen-types [whatever
      > they
      > > are called] that police at Wikipedia have noted that the facts are
      > > presented in the first person for an article that is anonymous. Just
      > > some signs that things are not up to snuff. Is this written by thee
      > or
      > > thine indeed?
      > >
      > > I might have to sign up at Wikipedia, something that I have avoided
      > up
      > > till now.
      > >
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Bill
      > >
      > > Carl
      > >

      > > --- In civilwarwest@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Longley" <jay_longley@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Bob. As I stated in my post, I located more than a dozen such
      > > > contradictions as to the number and location of the bullet
      > wounds.
> [...]
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic